01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware upgrade (odd) issue

DIMUC

I am trying to upgrade my Hikvision PTZ Dome camera but it seems to brick my camera! as a result the camera shows unreachable/offline in SADP.

I have tried the following procedures and the outcome is always the same, the only way I can recover the camera is by using the TFTP utility.

1) via NVR updating the camera firmware
2) login to the camera UI and browse to firmware and upgrade
3) Use TFTP with the recent firmware via NVR
4) Using TFTP with recent firmware direct over POE adapter
5) When I use a laptop and camera connected over POE, I see the camera in SADP, but I cant seem to launch the UI in the browser.

In addition i have tried the following firmware scenarios.

1) downgrade firmware
2) upgrade to incremental firmware version
3) upgrade to next full release version
4) upgrade to latest release version

Oddly! the only firmware that I can TFTP flash successfully is the firmware installed!

NVR and camera purchased from ezcctv UK, there are other non dome cameras on my network that seem to update ok.

Camera: DS-2DF8223I-AEL
Camera Firmware: 5.3.8 build 150722

NVR Model: DS-7716NI-I4/16P
NVR Firmware: 4.1.10 build 171107 (latest)

I did speak to a ezCCTV technical support engineer for assistance, he remote logged in and tried to update, again the outcome was the same.

So Iam kind of stumped as to whats going on here and therefore reaching out to any experts on here who can help?

Thanks

Our 'How To update' steps have been honed to provide the most reliable method:
https://forum.use-ip.co.uk/threads/how-to-update-hikvision-firmware-in-just-nine-simple-steps.1323/

I have come across odd cases where the Batch Config tool will work when all else fails:
http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/?dir=portal/Software/00 Software Tool Package/16 Batch Config Tool

e.g.
https://forum.use-ip.co.uk/threads/the-user-is-locked-error-on-camera.1764/#post-5106

Otherwise, I would ask your reseller to resolve/replace.

Interestingly I have just noticed that the Hikportal appears to have been restructured in relation to fimware. In addition firmware for my cameras have been updated (deleted and new) and the firmware I am currently running is no longer listed.

I will try and upgrade the camera based on the next incremental firmware and let you know how I get on.

Yes, the portal was down for a while this morning.
I can see that they've added the latest firmware for the G1 Series and R6 Series cameras, which were previously only downloadable from their website.
I haven't spotted any other changes or updates to software or firmware.

Yes, the portal was down for a while this morning.
I can see that they've added the latest firmware for the G1 Series and R6 Series cameras, which were previously only downloadable from their website.
I haven't spotted any other changes or updates to software or firmware.

I was looking at Dome R3 series only, it was very confusing before as versions and dates were not clear, the tidy up helps.

Hello Guys,
I guess I am facing a similar issue. I tried to upgrade to 5.5.2_Build171201 that I get from DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL
But now the DS-2DF8223I-AEL camera is stuck in boot loop.
How did you get out of the issue ?
thanks for your help.

Hi,
I'm afraid I don't have a cure for boot-loops and would recommend that you contact your reseller or Hikvision Tech Support.
The camera may have to be returned to resolve this.

there is no hard reset option on these devices.

They really dropped the ball on that. I haven't tried this before but as a last resort, have you tried updating the firmware to 5.5.71 with Scott Lamb's updated hikvision-tftpd on GitHub?

Back