01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware for HiWatch NVR-104-A / 4P?

SuffolkPunch

Hello,

New to these forums. I hope someone might help with the following query?

I have just set-up a HiWatch NVR-104-A / 4P from amazon.co.uk. It works fine.

It's Firmware Version is V3.4.91 build 170630. My query is: is that the latest firmware for this NVR?

I've looked on the various HikVision sites for firmware for this model of NVR and there seems to be none.

Am I being too optimistic in hoping for firmware repositories for this low-end consumer NVR?

The honest answer is - I don't know.
We've never offered HiWatch.

I can find the products showing at their UK website - Hikvision UK & Ireland
But as yet, no sign of any firmware.

Probably best if you contact HikVision Tech Support to answer this one:

If you get an answer, it'd be good to know/share,

Thanks

Hikvision Support's response to my enquiry about firmware updates for the Hiwatch NVR-104-A / 4P:

"Dear Customer,
The will be no firmware updates for Hiwatch.
"
I then asked
"To help me, if I return the Hiwatch NVR-104-A / 4P and get a better
supported Hikvision NVR, which Hikvision NVR product lines *do* get
their firmware updated?"

To which they replied
"Any Hikvision NVR do get firmware updates but the Hikvision Brand is not a DIY product so would recommend to contact a CCTV installer for the Hikvision brand or i can get your contact details and postcode and can put a Hikvision Value Added Solution Partner in contact with you."

So, now, I await emails from my local "Hikvision Value Added Solution Partner" - I'm not holding my breath!

Thanks for sharing.
I'm surprised to learn they don't plan to issue firmware updates for their HiWatch models.
Bear in mind that current HikVision cameras and NVRs see 5-10 firmware updates per year.

I have just purchased one of these and the firmware version on mine is V3.4.95 Build 170706 so it looks like they have released a firmware since.

I have fired an email off to Hikvision so will report back with what they say.

If the NVR works out of the box fine then is it completely necessary to update the firmware?

Last edited:
I have just purchased one of these and the firmware version on mine is V3.4.95 Build 170706 so it looks like they have released a firmware since.

I have fired an email off to Hikvision so will report back with what they say.

If the NVR works out of the box fine then is it completely necessary to update the firmware?

Thanks. I'd be interested in their reply.

I like to install firmware upgrades which fix security issues. But nowhere can I find any Hikvision/Hiwatch documentation which describes what's in their upgrades! So am very wary of trying them.

Nor can I find a repository of earlier firmware versions to allow reversion if an upgrade fails.

Hi all,
I'm in the same boat, bought one of these not realising they are not so well supported. I'd like to enable "virtual host" but with the current firmware this option isn't available. Hope there is some firmware that will upgrade this NVR. Thanks

Hi all,
I'm in the same boat, bought one of these not realising they are not so well supported. I'd like to enable "virtual host" but with the current firmware this option isn't available. Hope there is some firmware that will upgrade this NVR. Thanks

I have found 3.4.96

But no virtual host added.
Screenshot_20190224-013037_Hik-Connect.jpg

Looks like you upgraded to V3.4.96? Is that right?

What's new/fixed in it - any details?

Most importantly, where did you download it from? What folder path? What file name?

Martin
No details on what's fixed or upgraded

but I was using 3.4 9.1 and my hik connect didnt work correct on playback but this update has seemed to fix that issue.

Please note there is a firmware update that fixes mobile playback limitations available here: https://www.cctvkits.co.uk/downloads/DZ_K56_EN_NEU_V3.4.96_180124 NVR-104 -A.zip

Last edited:

but I was using 3.4 9.1 and my hik connect didnt work correct on playback but this update has seemed to fix that issue.

Please note there is a firmware update that fixes mobile playback limitations available here: https://www.cctvkits.co.uk/downloads/DZ_K56_EN_NEU_V3.4.96_180124 NVR-104 -A.zip
Thanks - have downloaded that and will keep for when/if my NVR-104-A / 4P on V3.4.91 build 170630 plays-up.

Do you know which HikVision site cctvkits got this firmware file (DZ_K56_EN_NEU_V3.4.96_180124 NVR-104 -A.zip) from?

Martin

I've attached the firmware.
Thanks - have downloaded that and will keep for when/if my NVR-104-A / 4P on V3.4.91 build 170630 plays-up.

Do you know which HikVision site cctvkits got this firmware file (DZ_K56_EN_NEU_V3.4.96_180124 NVR-104 -A.zip) from?

Martin

I dont I'm afraid Martin

I was looking for firmware and saw this , took the chance and it worked. all it's really missing now is virtual host.

I could email that website but not sure how far I'll get as I didnt buy my kit from them.

Do you not have playback issues in Hik Connect with your firmware ?

Do you not have playback issues in Hik Connect with your firmware ?
Not sure I use Hik Connect as such. I certainly don't use the Hik Connect app to see video footage taken by my cameras. The IP cameras and NVR are on my home LAN, and the cams use the LAN to send their footage to the NVR-104-A/4P for it to store. I then view the footage either directly - logged-in to the NVR - on its locally-attached screen, or using Internet Explorer to login to the NVR over my home LAN. That all works OK - touch wood!

Martin

Back