01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Enable VCA on Hikvision 7208HUHI-K1

soulfunk

I've replaced a failed Qvis DVR with a replacement Hikvision 7208HUHI-K1, and one new Hikvision camera.

I plan to replace the other cameras over time.

Trying to get Intrusion detection and getting alot of noise.

Seeing and reading lots of conflicting information on what the parameters can be for this setting so getting a little confused.

I understand that I need to have VCA enabled for the cameras' that I wish to use with intrustion detection.

I think that you can only do this directly on the DVR itself, in the main admin menu, under each camera.

Is there a way to configure VCA through the Web interface, or via iVMS?

Thanks
nate

Sorry, I'm afraid that we never get hands-on with the analogue kit as we only sell IP cameras and NVRs.
Somebody else with relevant experience may drop by and be able to offer help.
Otherwise you might find folk in other forums that can help you better.
Sorry.

I also don't work with analogue kit but hopefully the DVR and NVR settings are not wildly different.
Putting VCA settings aside for now (my camera does not have an option to enable VCA but still has VCA features). On your DVR: System (or Configuration) > Event > Smart Event > Intrusion, which can be accessed using IE11 via the web GUI, have you enabled the feature and with what settings?
1549650897961.png

Would you send a screenshot of the Area settings and Linkage Method? It might help narrowing the problem down.
I have intrusion detection and line crossing working with alerts without the option to enable VCA on both my NVR and camera.

1549651220053.png

Back