01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DVR reboots after IP camera added!

woko

Hello,

A bit of advice needed please, I am trying to add an IP camera (Hik Vision Door Entry system) to an existing Hik Vision DVR, it adds succesfully but after a few seconds the DVR reboots and when it comes back up the IP camera is gone :/

Just seeing if anyone could advise why its doing this and what the fix may be!

Many thanks.

Hello,

A bit of advice needed please, I am trying to add an IP camera (Hik Vision Door Entry system) to an existing Hik Vision DVR, it adds succesfully but after a few seconds the DVR reboots and when it comes back up the IP camera is gone :/

Just seeing if anyone could advise why its doing this and what the fix may be!

Many thanks.
I'm also having a further, more pressing issue....I can setup, connect and get normal operation of door bell via very short ethernet cable hanging out the back of my Poe router. However when I connect the doorbell to the LAN cable near the front door, I get power but no network. This is the same at the end of 2 other cables in the house... A tried my laptop at each of these LAN connections and got an internet connection. I also used a drum of cat5 cable connected to the switch thinking it could be cable length, but the camera works as it should!?? I'm at a loss now please help!!

Upvote 0
Hi @woko

What are the model numbers of your DVR and IP camera / intercom door station?
Could you also confirm the firmware versions they're using, please?

With regards to the doorbell not connecting to the network using the LAN cable at your front door...
What is the other end of this cable connected to please?
Is the door station visible in the SADP tool when connected to this cable at all?

Upvote 0
Hi Kyle,

Door station - DS-KV6113-WPE (B) - firmware V2.2.53 build 220108
DVR - DS-7208HQHI-K1 - firmware V4.20.000 build 181107

Door station is now working :) the third rj45 I fitted did the trick, although I pinned it out as B this time and not straight through as before so I don't know if that was the fix or not.

The issue is now just adding the door station to the DVR, which I can do, but after a short duration the DVR reboots and when it comes back up the camera is gone from the list.

Thanks for your response :)

regards,

Matt.

Upvote 0
Great, well done for solving that :)

I'm not very familiar with Hikvision DVRs, but it's strange for the newly connected door station to cause it to reboot - it's indicative of there being a problem with the firmware, or a fault with the NVR itself.
I would first try updating to the latest version of the DVR's firmware, which is V4.25.001.

Upvote 0
Hi Kyle
I tried that firmware version at the weekend and it keeps failing :/ I wonder if there is a previous version available?!

Kind regards
Matt

Upvote 0
Sorry, I should have been clearer in my last post!
I meant to try upgrading the DVS in the Batch Configuration tool to V4.25.001, as shown here:

Upvote 0
Assume you mean DVR, yes I've tried both
DVR-K72A_Europe-ml_neu_v4.25.001_201107
DVR-K72A_Europe-ml_std_v4.25.001_201107

Get upgrade failure on batch config (v3.1.3.0buil20221111).

Kind regards Matt :)

Upvote 0
I can get the latest version of firmware (v4.30.120 Build 200630) to upload to my DVR via usb, or appear like it has. However after it reboots it is still showing the old version (v4.20.000 build 181107). Do you know what the issue here is please ??

Upvote 0
Hi sorry, I can only think that it's firmware from the wrong platform.

Were are you downloading v4.30.120 Build 200630 from, please?

Can you also share a screenshot of the NVR's System>System Settings>Basic Information page from the web interface, please?

Upvote 0
It's from the Hik Vision Europe site (UK and Ireland been down for a while). Attached image shows the existing firmware and latest as per the Hik vision site. I tried the version after mine and again it looks like it's worked but after a reboot the firmware is still showing as the old.

Attachments

• PXL_20230124_173221383.jpg
    PXL_20230124_173221383.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 97
  • 16746410604964308317787663163636.jpg
    16746410604964308317787663163636.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 110
Upvote 0
Thanks, I've found the folder, it looks like the European portal is definitely updated the most regularly:

It might just be too big a jump, try updating in steps via the versions highlighted below:
Screenshot 2023-01-25 102436.jpg

I can see you're using Edge, running this in IE mode should allow you to upgrade in the web interface which will be quicker:

Upvote 0
I've been using a usb stick in the DVR as per Hik visions recommendations :/ it doesn't matter which version I try the DVR will not take the upgrade. As mentioned everything looks ok then when I check after a reboot it's on the same old version :/ I think I'm a bit snookered!

Upvote 0
My only other thought is to try a hard reset of the DVR before reattempting the update.

If that doesn't work then I'm out of ideas, sorry - I've never seen that before!

If it's the wrong file then the device will normally reject the firmware file right away, so it's very weird that it appears to update.

It could well be a known fault with some DVRs, as we're not very familiar with the analogue kit, so I can only suggest speaking to your supplier or Hikvision Support to try and identify if it's a faulty unit.

Upvote 0
No worries, sorry I can't help more! Step 2 in this guide shows how to do it in the web interface:

A word of warning, you will probably need to reformat/wipe your hard drive if you do the hard reset when you go through the initial setup, so back up anything important.

Upvote 0
Back