01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-7608NI-K2/8P V4 firmware?

J273

Hi all,

I have a DS-7608NI-K2/8P NVR which currently has firmware V3.4.99. Build 180324 currently installed even though checking the portal it only seems to go upto V3.4.98. The NVR was bought from a UK distributor so I'm not sure how it has a later firmware than what's available on their FTP?

Im a tad confused with all the different series of NVR. Can anyone tell me if my NVR has V4 available at all with the new GUI? I can't seem to find anything so I'm guessing not, but does anyone have any idea on when this will be released?

Many thanks

Hi,
We too have seen V3.4.99 on new machines, but as you say it does not seem to be available to download at their website nor portal.

We suspect that there will be new firmware released for the -K series NVRs in the near future to help with browser compatibility issues e.g. to enable users to view their NVR from Chrome or Firefox without a plugin.

We do not know whether the -K series NVRs will get the V4 GUI (it seems unlikely, as it's almost a year since the -I NVRs got it AND there is a new series of Acusesnse NVRs due soon).

I have loaded V4.1.61 build180818 onto a DS-7616NI-K2/16P testing unit. So far everything seems to work. I've never used V4 in a live environment though. Using Firefox v54 as web GUI.

Firmware used

This firmware loaded on our DS-7616NI-K2/16P test unit. Reverted back to V3.4.98 build171121 after testing.
I'll try it again tomorrow and update you. I only tested line crossing and email alerts. Not sure if all functionality works.

I am surprised that your -K series NVR will even allow you to load -I series firmware :confused:

I am surprised that your -K series NVR will even allow you to load -I series firmware :confused:

Hi Phil see attached. So far I've tested adding/removing cameras, installing HDDs and initialising them, motion detection and line crossing with email alerts. I've also reverted the firmware back with no issues. This is our test unit so if you'd like me to try a feature with v4 installed let me know.
1538660300428.png

Im tempted to install this on my K series.

@StewartM Have you had any problems with this firwmare being installed on the K series. Is there anything new you have noticed?

Thanks

Don’t! Hikvision hasn’t released version 4 for the K series for a reason. That should be reason enough to dissuade you.

To answer your question, I had firmware V4.1.61 build180818 running on a test 7616NI-K2 unit and I didn’t run into any issues on the cursory testing I did. I was able to revert the firmware back to 3.4.98.171121 without issue.

I haven’t seen anyone else try it on the forums for other K series models. Bricking your NVR, voiding the warranty, POE issues, compatibility with IVMS are just a few of the potential pit falls.

Any reason why you want to move to v4 GUI?

Back