01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-7604ni-k1/4p NVR picking up HiLook IPC-T259H-MU camera but no video?

Michaelcc

I have a ds-7604ni-k1/4p and I went to local firm for some advice on new cameras.

I was looking at the hik ones but couldn’t really afford to pay their prices, so went for HiLook IPC-T259H-MU.

I've got them all up and connected. My nvr is picking the cameras up, but for the life of me I can’t get video - I've tried everything I can that my knowledge allows.

Have I been sold cameras not suitable for my nvr?

Hi @Michaelcc - those cameras should work on your NVR.
When you say the NVR is picking them up, are you managing to connect them on the NVR's camera management page - can you share a screenshot of the camera management page?
Are you plugging them directly into the back of the NVR, or connecting them via a separate switch and using their IP addresses?
How are you viewing the NVR (in a web browser or a directly connected monitor)?
Which firmware versions are each camera and the NVR running?

Hello the nvr knows they are there but won’t allow me to add them.
I put them on on a switch and now they show as active under my nvr ports (D1-D4) but still no luck adding them
Viewing in both monitor and app
I can see the cameras in the sadp tool when on switch but unable to change any settings as it’s asking for a password I’m sure these don’t come with a default password
Firmware is
Nvr : v3.4.103
Cameras : v7.3 build 230921

You're right, they shouldn't have a default password. If they were brand new and you connected them to the NVR originally, then they may have picked up the NVR's password or its activation password - have you tried these in SADP?

If your cameras have a physical reset button (if there's a microSD card slot it will probably be beside this), then you could use this to default the cameras to inactive and set a new password on them in SADP.

If not, you'll need to use the SADP tool to do an XML reset on the cameras by following these steps and sending the reset file to your supplier:

Then try adding the cameras via the 'manual' method explained here:

You'll need to have IP addresses matching your network's subnet range, and also the gateway set correctly for them to add.

If adding them under the Hikvision protocol doesn't work, you may need to add them as ONVIF cameras by enabling ONVIF on the cameras directly and selecting this from the protocol dropdown when you add the camera.

Also try updating the cameras' firmware when you can access them to V5.7.21.

Thank you for that!! I’m getting somewhere I’ve got one connected and working
Set other two exactly the same but they still not connected
Sorry I’m not that technical but when setting them up should I be setting all 3 cameras with the same ip and gateway
Thank me again for your help

Use the same gateway address for all.
But set a different IP address for each.

Back