01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-7204HUHI-K1 Not Booting? (Power and Storage light blinking)

cotton

I have a problem with my DS-7204HUHI-K1 which no longer boots. I powered it off to reshuffle the cables, and now it no longer boots.

The Power and Network lights just lightly flash together about once a second but I can't hear the hard-drive spinning up, nor does the corresponding light on my network switch come on so I can't see that it's even starting the boot process. I have connected to a display via HDMI and VGA and neither display anything.

For similar devices I've always connected a serial cable to it via Putty and watched it booting, but I can't see anywhere to connect it to unless I'm being stupid?? I get the feeling that a firmware reflash is the way to go, but I can't see how to do it without IP access for TFTP.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm at a bit of a loss..........

Video here - Error

This is a common problem with these DVRs. I would do the following in order;

#1 Disconnect all BNC cameras and try powering on the recorder
#2 Disconnect the SATA & power cables from the motherboard. If the recorder boots, your HDD is fried and needs replacing
#2 Try another PSU. These older models had an unconventional 4/5 pin round plug so make sure you source the right one
#3 If steps 1-3 don't revive the unit, there is likely an issue with the motherboard. If its in warranty, return the unit or source a new replacement iDS-7204HUHI-M1/X

I had similar a month or two ago on an older Hikvision DVR - power LED just flashing on the front of the unit and HDD not spinning up.
#2 Try another PSU. These older models had an unconventional 4/5 pin round plug so make sure you source the right one
It was the PSU in my case. The non /P models have that 4 pin mini DIN plug but it's just a small 12V DC power supply so if push came to shove you could cut the connector off the original PSU with enough lead to join onto the replacement.

Thanks very much for the reply, I've tried without the HDD connected and the problem remains therefore I'll Order a replacement power supply and give that a go

Back