01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-2CD2755FWD-IZS won't let me increase resolution?

Sunnydays

Hi,

I am wandering if anyone can help. I have a DS-2CD2755FWD-IZS 5mp Vari-focal dome that i connected to Hikvision NVR. for some reason it won't let me increase the resoltion to anywhere near HD. It only gives me 2 option for either CIF or or 480px?

I have connected a similar 5MP hikvision and that works perfectly fine and give many options for resolutions upto 1080?

Can anyone help with what could be the problem. Both cameras are connected directly to the NVR POE ports on the back.

Hi,
Are you perhaps using a home-made network cable?
I've seen cable problems cause this before.
If so, maybe test with the camera connected to the NVR with a short bought patch lead.
5MP should allow you to select resolutions up to 2944 × 1656.

Hi,

Yes I am using a shop bought cat6a patch which I know is good quality. I have used other leads too and different PoE ports on the back of the NVr all of which give me a max res of 640? The other cameras I have all give much higher?

How many cameras?
What models?
Which NVR please?

Hi Phil,

Thank you for your help

The NVR is a DS-7732NI-I4-16P.

The cameras are 1 x DS-2CD2755FWD-IZS and 1 x DS-2CD2155FWD-1 Both are connected directly to the NVR with CAT6 patches.

The good new is, i upgraded the firmware on the NVR and it seems to have fixed the problem! BUT, now the camera doesn't seem to focus properly! (either auto or using the manual control?!)? any ideas?

NVR firmware should not affect camera focus.
My first guess would be to clean the camera, dirt & dust on the dome bubble can cause focusing problems.

Back