01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-2CD2386G2-IU 2way audio guide?

cameraKen

HI how do i setup 2way audio on the above camera i want to be able to talk to the postman etc via the app. I have it connected to my NVR which is a DS-7616NI-I2 / 16P thanks.

With the NVR added to Hik-Connect:
  1. Select the camera to live view
  2. Click the 2 way audio icon (microphone)
Depending on firmware the 2 way audio may start automatically (this seems to be a recent change, possibly in the latest Hik-Connect app, which means less clicks to get to the function). If however a prompt appears with 'Device' and 'Channel' options, select 'Channel' and the two way audio will start.

With the NVR added to Hik-Connect:
  1. Select the camera to live view
  2. Click the 2 way audio icon (microphone)
Depending on firmware the 2 way audio may start automatically (this seems to be a recent change, possibly in the latest Hik-Connect app, which means less clicks to get to the function). If however a prompt appears with 'Device' and 'Channel' options, select 'Channel' and the two way audio will start.
Thanks for the detail i think i had logged into the NVR and switched something to Video/Audio. Because now when i test via channel it works! Thanks.

Can i activate the light on this camera also, i mean does it have one?

Thanks for the detail i think i had logged into the NVR and switched something to Video/Audio. Because now when i test via channel it works! Thanks.

Can i activate the light on this camera also, i mean does it have one?
Just to confirm something (I originally missed this in the post title)...if your camera is a DS-2CD2386G2-IU it wouldn't have 2 way audio, it just has a microphone allowing you to listen in/record audio. For 2 way audio it has to be the model ending -ISU/SL. If you were to try the 2 way audio for the app on the IU (microphone only) model, it may appear to work as the screen changes to reflect 2 way audio. Be sure to check which model you actually have.

If it's the ISU/SL you have, you can also manually trigger a siren on the camera and also the strobe light. The icons will only be present in the Hik-Connect app if you have the ISU/SL.

Back