01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-2CD2042WD-1 Motion detect sensitivity

Jan J

Centurion!
Trusted Member
V5.5.53 Firmware. Using standard detect, no face of intrusion settings
I have motion detect sensitivity at 20, which is the lowest it will allow me to set.
At night, with IR lighting, flying insects are tripping motion detect far more often than I’d want.
Anyone com up with a way to set it lower than 20???
Thanks

Expert motion detect being tried. With percentage of area being adjusted to ignore flying insects. I hope.
Note that expert mode does allow 0-100 sensitivity. Regular Motion Detect Sensitivity being limited to 20-100 must be a bug. Oh I made a funny!

Expert motion detect being tried. With percentage of area being adjusted to ignore flying insects. I hope.
Note that expert mode does allow 0-100 sensitivity. Regular Motion Detect Sensitivity being limited to 20-100 must be a bug. Oh I made a funny!

If you have enough ambient light try turning the IR off. That should stop attracting the pesky insects.
1537646424575.png

You could also turn motion detection off and try Smart Event> Line crossing. This reduce false detections by insects, heavy rain and wind to a degree. I use these 'virtual fences' for intruder detection. If you are using a software solution for recording like Blue Iris you can configure a pixel size to trigger a motion alert. What are you using to record footage?

Ftp’ing to my NAS

Presently adjusting % to avoid duck detection (neighborhood ducks) one number down & ducks detected! & sensitivity to ignore insects. When it goes dark here—It’s DARK!
Haven’t had a rain yet. That ought to be exciting. Thanks for suggestions.

Back