01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-1280ZJ-DM21

CCTVRONNIE

I am planning (still...) my cctv system and am considering the turret cameras. As I will be coming through an external wall, I assume that I should invest in
something like the following:

DS-1280ZJ-DM21 deep base​

to allow space for the cabling/connections, as I expect this would be easier than having the connections inside the house?

Also, with the deep base, I notice there is a side connection where I assume a conduit could be connected; my question is, is the connection nut on the base (to connect the conduit) lockable, or could someone unscrew the nut and poke around with their finger, screwdriver inside the base?

I am planning (still...) my cctv system and am considering the turret cameras. As I will be coming through an external wall, I assume that I should invest in
something like the following:

DS-1280ZJ-DM21 deep base​

to allow space for the cabling/connections, as I expect this would be easier than having the connections inside the house?

Also, with the deep base, I notice there is a side connection where I assume a conduit could be connected; my question is, is the connection nut on the base (to connect the conduit) lockable, or could someone unscrew the nut and poke around with their finger, screwdriver inside the base?

For ease and the best results (aesthetically) use the dedicated base for the camera model when wall mounting. You can install a small weatherproof enclosure adjacent the camera position instead but it's not as neat. Hikvisions pigtail connections seem to be getting shorter and they are no longer long enough to pass through a standard external cavity wall (UK). There used to be room to weatherproof and manipulate the cable and connector to sit in the recess behind the installed cameras but the newer turret models have a shallower recess so this is no longer possible.

You could relatively easily take the nut out and prod around but you couldn't do much harm - there wouldn't be enough room to get the connector out. They're not vandal resistant and you could force a position change or pull the trim ring off fairly easily. You could use a bit of thread lock on that nut and a spot of superglue to one spot of the trim ring to stop it from easily being pulled off it was mounted low enough to access.

Back