01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry Doorbell DS-KV6113 Install?

hikjim

Hi,
Looking for some advice please...
I've recently setup CCTV with a HiLook NVR-1080MH-8C/8P, all working well!
I've also bought a DS-KV6113-WPE that I'd like to add to the setup as a doorbell only but need a little help on install
I have an existing doorbell with mains power and chime, is it easy enough to switch over to the HikVision doorbell using existing power and chime, or are there other things to consider here?
POE to NVR isn't really an option as it would be a lot of effort to get the network cable run in.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim

It’s PoC or 12V DC. Your ‘mains’ powered existing doorbell is unlikely to be mains - possibly 24V AC? If it’s 12 or 24V AC, you can probably just locate the transformer and replace it with a 12V DC power supply, so that you can utilise the wire going to the bell push. You’ll then use WiFi for the connection. Unfortunately there’s no easy way to get a chime working with the 6113. It’s best to get the 6113 in the kit with the 6320 indoor station. Even if you don’t need the indoor station for viewing it gives a ring tone locally (without relying on an internet connection)

It’s PoC or 12V DC. Your ‘mains’ powered existing doorbell is unlikely to be mains - possibly 24V AC? If it’s 12 or 24V AC, you can probably just locate the transformer and replace it with a 12V DC power supply, so that you can utilise the wire going to the bell push. You’ll then use WiFi for the connection. Unfortunately there’s no easy way to get a chime working with the 6113. It’s best to get the 6113 in the kit with the 6320 indoor station. Even if you don’t need the indoor station for viewing it gives a ring tone locally (without relying on an internet connection)
Thanks for the info, it's a shame about the chime though :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Back