01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Does HikVision Doorbell model DS-KD8003-IME1 support Alexa?

BuddyLove

I'm trying to connect my HikVision doorbell model DS-KD8003-IME1 to Amazon Alexa but can't find any support for it, can you please let me know if it's supported?

If not which alternative model supports it?

The reason why I need it to support Amazon Alexa is so I can use it to notify me when someone rings the bell as the property is big and we can't hear the bell around the house. We have our phones but for guests this is useless.

Unfortunately, Hikvision doesn't natively support Alexa integration - you'll need one of these doorbells for that:

I know people have managed to get Hikvision cameras linked to Alexa using this Gateway service, so you could try this with the doorbell if you're IT-savvy - they've also got their own Hikvision forum that you could ask in:

Otherwise, to get hear the doorbell all over the house, I'm afraid that your only option is to install more Hikvision indoor stations or use cheap Android tablets with Hik-Connect installed on them, as the app will ring when someone presses the doorbell.
I guess you could even connect some Bluetooth speakers to a tablet, you'd just need to make sure you keep everything charged.

Back