01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Do I have a 2347 G2 with G5 firmware?

fullboogie

Expert
Trusted Member
In the US. Ordered a set of DS-2CD2347G2-LU cameras, no mention whatsoever of the version. Order was from an authorized supplier.

The tag on the outside of the camera reads: "DS-2CD2347G2-LU (space) 4mm (space) "C"

Are these G5's for purposes of upgrading firmware?

I find it strange that the box has no indication of the firmware version - odd since the other 16+ cameras I've purchased had that on the label.

Last edited:
In the US. Ordered a set of DS-2CD2347G2-LU cameras, no mention whatsoever of the version. Order was from an authorized supplier.

The tag on the outside of the camera reads: "DS-2CD2347G2-LU (space) 4mm (space) "C"

Are these G5's for purposes of upgrading firmware?

I find it strange that the box has no indication of the firmware version - odd since the other 16+ cameras I've purchased had that on the label.
Yes the ‘C’ are G5 firmware. You can confirm by logging into the camera and checking ‘Firmware Version Property’ on the System Settings > Basic Information page.

Hikvision stopped printing the firmware version on the label some time ago.

Thanks for the reminder about looking up the firmware version. I haven't plugged it in yet, but I'll do that this week.

Is that a good thing? Or should I avoid it, assuming it doesn't already have that version?
They've just made it appear like the V5 GUI on the NVRs. There's nothing wrong with it, it'll just take a while to get used to navigating around it after the previous layout being so familiar.

New login page:

Screenshot 2024-07-29 at 20.37.38.png

Separate Menus for VCA (or smart event or perimeter detection or whatever Hik want to call it this week!) and Maintenance:

Screenshot 2024-07-29 at 20.38.17.png

I'd expect that this change will appear on all models still receiving updates. The last time the camera web UI changed drastically was probably about 7/8 years ago.

Thanks JB! Given the problems I've had with a few of my 2347 G1's lately, I'll probably be transitioning to the G2's at this point. Plus, they're cheap!

Back