01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Difference between Hikvision DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZ, IZS or IZHS what do I need?

llars

I think H is "heater available" but what does this mean? Can I still use a poe 12v?

I very much like the min.illumination on 0,002 lux on these models, but it is unclear if all above mentioned models have the same min.illumination (?) The IR up to 50 meter suits me well.

I shall use the camera for two purposes, as a webcamera overlooking my pool and about 100 meters away my pier with my boat when I'm not at home. All the surroundings are my private property.

Of course I also want to use the camera for security.

A 8 MM kamera will cover less of the area and as I have very poor bandwidth and capacity on my broadband upwards I cannot use to large pictures and videos. Therefore I think I go for a 2,8-12 MM (with motor lense for zooming) and I hope for information about differenses between the IZ and the IZS-version.

Other cameras more suitable?

Yes, H = Heater
Yes you can still use POE (max consumption = 12 Watts)
Disregard 12V DC - that's for a stand-alone PSU (nothing to do with POE, which will be at 35-57 volts DC).
Yes, night-time performance and IR is the same for those variants.
I = Infra-Red
Z = Zoom
S = Sound; it can accept an external microphone and also 1x Alarm in & 1x Alarm out

There's an example video here:

And a walk-through of the settings available here:

Thanks a lot, Phil.
As I live in Norway with up to minus 20 C at the seaside in winter and late autumn could be very wet, I probably should go for the "H" version??

Very nice videos.
Can I find comparing videos 8-32 mm vs 2,8-12?

Yes, the version with the Heater would be wise for Norway.

We don't have a video from that same camera for 2.8-12mm, but this video from a 2642 model shows an indication of what viewing angles you would achieve at 2.8-12mm:
(Different camera and sensor; 4MP, but not as good in low-light as the DarkFighter)

Thanks again for both rapid and accurate answer.
Now I know what to buy.

At lot of kudos to you.

Back