01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Delay of up to 10 seconds when I monitor my Hikvision NVR & camera on my TV?

kev269

Hi,

I currently have a Hikvision ColorVu DS-2CD2347G1-LU camera and the Hikvision DS-7604NI-K1/4P NVR installed with the latest firmware, however I have an issue when I am watching the live view from the NVR on my television, there is a delay of up to 10 seconds and the delay becomes longer if I keep the NVR idle. Strangely, if I click into the menu and then go back to the live view at any time, the delay disappears! But, it appears after leaving the NVR idle again. I changed the NVR to router cable from a Cat5e to a Cat6 cable, but it did not fix the problem. I also changed the bitrate and frame rate, but still no luck. I believe that the NVR I have (DS-7604NI-K1/4P) could be faulty, or that my IP camera is too good for the NVR. Hikvision told me that the K Series NVR's are fine or my camera.

Does anyone know what the problem could be? If I can't figure it out then I will have to return it and the camera as well which is a shame because the camera is really good.

Many thanks for your help,

Are you viewing the camera on your TV via an HDMI cable between the TV and the NVR?
A direct connection, essentially using your TV as a monitor?
i.e. not via the network / Smart TV browser

Hi,

I currently have a Hikvision ColorVu DS-2CD2347G1-LU camera and the Hikvision DS-7604NI-K1/4P NVR installed with the latest firmware, however I have an issue when I am watching the live view from the NVR on my television, there is a delay of up to 10 seconds and the delay becomes longer if I keep the NVR idle. Strangely, if I click into the menu and then go back to the live view at any time, the delay disappears! But, it appears after leaving the NVR idle again. I changed the NVR to router cable from a Cat5e to a Cat6 cable, but it did not fix the problem. I also changed the bitrate and frame rate, but still no luck. I believe that the NVR I have (DS-7604NI-K1/4P) could be faulty, or that my IP camera is too good for the NVR. Hikvision told me that the K Series NVR's are fine or my camera.

Does anyone know what the problem could be? If I can't figure it out then I will have to return it and the camera as well which is a shame because the camera is really good.

Many thanks for your help,
Hi Kev,

Did you resolve this? I have the same problem that's started on a DS-7616NI-I2/16P NVR. I have 9 cameras viewed on a monitor over HDMI. Most cameras display in near real time on a multi-camera view, but two have channels up to 30 seconds delay. Like you, if I select the individual camera full screen, it's in real time, but reverting to the 9 way split view, the delay is reintroduced. This never used to happen and so I wonder if firmware updates are to blame (NVR firmware 4.40.016)?

Thanks

Hello.

Did any one manage to solve this?

I have the Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2 8P and having same issues.

Currently I have just one camera linked to the NVR whick is the DS-2CD2087G2-LU-2.8MM. Which is the 8mp 4 k camera.

The problem is with the live view connected via Hdmi to a TV. After a reboot it builds up more delay over time. Leave it for a few days and it can be upto 15 seconds. I only found out when I was going inside the house and looking at the TV screen to notice that I was just getting out of the car outside lol.

Tried changing a lot of settings but don't seem to have solved it.

I know this bug from some customers after upgrading to V4 Firmware. I think thats firmware based! Mayw changing main to substream can help in live view?

Back