01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Default reset

youngros

So, less than two weeks after the email notification about the firmware update and before I had chance to do it my hiki was reset to default. Now going again and I have done the update. I've not read everything, but I didn't have a default password, the one they talk about is 12345, I had to set a password from the start. Now set a different one. The camera is just a webcam and not a security camera, so what is the point of the hack, if that is what reset the camera, as in my case I just have to redo it, no monetary loss or risk of break in etc.
The other thing I noticed was that the URL for the camera has changed from address/Streaming/Channels/1/picture to address/ISAPI/Streaming/channels/101/picture
I am not streaming a live view across the internet just image snapshots and I have also disabled nPnP.
Coincidentally and coincidences don't happen, Avast forced restarts on two of my PCs, one the webcam reset and the other lost internet with a "local area connection doesn't have a valid IP" eventually I had to set a static IP to get it to work. Something strange going on.
Fingers crossed it is all back to normal.

Hi, We've not seen any reports of anything particularly malicious resulting from the hacks.
Of course, they could probably see what you could see!
It was just that, the hack was trivial (easy to do).
It was also - easy to find exposed cameras you could do it to.
So, they did it.

No lasting damage, apart from pride & reputation :(

Hi, I'm a new menber and I had the same problem with 2 cameras Hikvision: DS-2CD2332-I and DS-2CD2232-I5.
They worked fine for 1 year and last week both cameras return to the factory default setting with admin password = 12345
I reloaded the saved setting for each camera and it worked fine again for a few days. Some time ago, one of them returned to the original factory setting, but I do not understand what can cause this problem.
Someone can help me ?
Best regards

Back