01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Dahua Network Camera Issue

JMS-3

Hello.
Newbie to the forum, looking for some help!
I have a Dahua NVR. I have 1 network cam wired direct and plugged in to port 1, all working fine.
I've recently wired a second cam, plugged direct to NVR. Here comes the issue- I cant get see the camera on the registration page. I've checked the cam by patching direct into port 2 on the NVR, and it detects it, no problems. So, cable issue I suspect?!
I've re-terminated RJ45's on both ends of cable, still no joy. The IR operates on the camera so assume power is present. Unfortunately I dont have a cable tester/
Anyone experienced similar issues? Any other things I could try?
Thanks in advance!
Jon

If you suspect a cable issue, it's often best to temporarily move the camera close to your DVR/NVR and test the camera with a short/bought factory-made cable.

If you suspect a cable issue, it's often best to temporarily move the camera close to your DVR/NVR and test the camera with a short/bought factory-made cable.
Thanks Phil. I've already tried this with a factory made RJ45 patch cable, and it works fine.
Replacing the cable will be my next move I think (was hoping to avoid this as it was a tricky install 1st time around!)

Back