01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Consistant Failed Logins

Smir

I'm getting emails constantly about failed login attempts for my CCTV...

unsure why someone is trying to get into it, but surely they aren't on my network, so the next option is that something to do something with my hikvision account, unsure how it all works, but has it been hacked or something?

the problem is I don't want to go changing settings and then struggle to get my camera back working?

the email doesn't log any IP's either

I have
Model: DS-7604NI-K1 / 4P
Firmware: V3.4.95 build 170626

hope someone can help

many thanks

unsure how updating the firmware will stop someone trying to guess my password for my camera system?.. or does it?

when clicking the update on the system it says
"Not detect new version,the current version is the latest."

it's way into the loft so no easy access if it needs a USB to stick plugged in to install?

Firmware updates have solved many of my email issues. It's possible the failed logins are not related to a hack attempt. Would you share the body of the email and the sender's address? Blackout all of your personal details. It may help narrowing down the cause.

RE: Firmware updating.
Clicking the update button has never worked for me.
Try the following:
Download the firmware from the link Phil provided above.
Extract the ZIP file to a folder on your PC. The firmware file will be called digicap.dav
Use Internet Explorer 11 to access the NVR's web GUI, when prompted to install WebComponents.exe agree to download it.
1548268320379.png

1548268368104.png

Close all web browsers and run WebComponents.exe as Administrator (right click the file for the option)
1548268622973.png

Open IE 11 again navigate back to the NVR's IP address.
When IE prompts you to allow WebComponents permission to run click 'Allow Always'
Navigate to Configuration>System>Maintenance and browse to the location of the firmware update file.
1548268893441.png

Then click Upgrade.
Keep us posted.

Would you share the body of the email and the sender's address? Blackout all of your personal details. It may help narrowing down the cause.

The email states

Code:
This is an automatically generated e-mail from your NVR.

EVENT TYPE:    Illegal Login
EVENT TIME:    2019-01-25,19:24:04
NVR NAME:      Network Video Recorder
NVR S/N:       XXX

and is sent for my personal email I setup via the NVR

I get random attacks on my NVR (see picture) if I were you I would turn off email notification or it will drive you nuts.

Attachments

• illegal.jpg
    illegal.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 492
Changing your default ports might help. You can always revert.
1548607735390.png

Another lead: (Can only find this setting on my cameras).
1548607554609.png

Back