01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Connection between HD DVR and Samsung smart TV

Oldboy

Hi,

I installed 8 hikvision HD cameras and am using an HD DVR, unfortunately I could run only 30m VGA to the display which is about 20m away form the server room were the DVR is located.
Now my problem is the TV for the display is a Samsung Smart TV with no VGA port to I tried using VGA to HDMI converter but still I can't get the display on the TV.

I need help in resolving this issue if anyone can help asap
Oldboy

Are the DVR and TV connected to a LAN? Depending on how smart the TV is it may run iVMS or use it's web browser to log into the embedded DVR.

Hi Geeman

Yes both are on the same LAN, and the TV has an RJ45 connection.

When I connect the DVR to the switch and the TV to the LAN port, how do I get it to display the video output.

Thanks man..

Are the DVR and TV connected to a LAN? Depending on how smart the TV is it may run iVMS or use it's web browser to log into the embedded DVR.

Hi Geeman

Yes both are on the same LAN, and the TV has an RJ45 connection.

When I connect the DVR to the switch and the TV to the LAN port, how do I get it to display the video output.

Thanks man..

I'm assuming your DVR is HIKVISION and you have done initial setup with activation and passwords etc. You need to know the IP of the DVR and preferably have already set it up as static.

If you have a PC/Laptop on the same LAN install iVMS on it this will allow access via it on the LAN
Go to DOWNLOAD PORTAL
then you could HDMI from that to TV

Or if TV has web browser connect it to the LAN, put IP of DVR into address bar of browser and it should bring up log in screen, you can log in and set up viewing.

If your DVR is not HIKVISION then IP of DVR in web browser may or may not work.

Any ways I'm off line for a while so good luck.

I'm assuming your DVR is HIKVISION and you have done initial setup with activation and passwords etc. You need to know the IP of the DVR and preferably have already set it up as static.

If you have a PC/Laptop on the same LAN install iVMS on it this will allow access via it on the LAN
Go to DOWNLOAD PORTAL
then you could HDMI from that to TV

Or if TV has web browser connect it to the LAN, put IP of DVR into address bar of browser and it should bring up log in screen, you can log in and set up viewing.

If your DVR is not HIKVISION then IP of DVR in web browser may or may not work.

Any ways I'm off line for a while so good luck.

Hi Friends,
I have same problem. I have HIKVISION and connect to smart tv through LAN. web browser opening logon page page but when i enter user name and password it says "login failed incorrect user name or password". while i open it on PC it work fine without any error but on smart tv it not logging in. Kindly hep me in this issue. Thanks
Email address: nouman.barkaati@gmail.com

Back