01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

ColorVu Siren and Light at Night Only?

deanstanley82

I have a few ColorVu and DarkFighter with the siren and LED light. I would like line crossing detection enabled all the time, but only siren/light from late evening till morning. How is best to accomplish this please?

Hi @deanstanley82

As far as we are aware, the above is not currently possible as the LED light and siren are linkage actions which can only be enabled or disabled.

The only way to achieve something like what you describe would be to have 2 different events configured (e.g. line crossing & Intrusion), one with light & siren enabled and one without, and then have the arming schedule for each set to different times of the day.

It should be possible if you configure the event as normal in the NVR for Line Crossing with siren and/or light as the linkage action. Once that's done, access the camera directly and set the arming schedules as required. They're configured in the basic event section (see screenshot) but I'm assuming that if a smart event triggers the schedule will still apply. I've not messed around with these settings myself as I don't use those functions. You should be able to schedule the alarm event itself if it wasn't wanted 24/7, then further adjust the schedules of the strobe light and audible alarms separately.

Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 14.38.21.png

Back