01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Capture Parameters?

alexf40

Hi all,

Hoping someone could share some insight on what exactly the capture settings are within the schedule storage options?

I'd like my cameras to essentially 'record' full time, but only save to NVR/ftp snapshots, 5s before and after event but it doesn't seem to be working how I have it.

I'm currently using an cloud based app called Cammy which has intelligent motion detection, and moving to camcloud which is motion only I need to setup the cameras better to reduce the amount of fake motion events.

Cheers
Alex

A quick two penn'orth on a busy day - HikVision have recently promoted Manything as an official Partner, it might be worth taking a look at and considering working with their solution - Monitor anything with Manything

Had a look at Manything, competitively priced against other cloud apps e.g. Cammy, CamCloud and AngelCam. 30 days cloud recording, 1 Camera $10.99, 2 cameras $17.99 and up to 5 for $35.99

Biggest draw back is the resolution, Manything only support 720p and EasyIP 2.0 (R6) and EasyIP 3.0 (G1) platforms.

It's inferior to Cammy.com ($9.50 per camera) which has machine learning to identify real people instead of simple motion detection. Also has much nicer apps and alerting functionality. However Cammy are moving away from BYO packages and only now push their own hardware which uses PIR. In fact they don't even advertise their BYO packages anymore.

Back