01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Cannot upgrade firmware on 2132 3mp dome

Bernie

Hi,

I have a total of 5 cameras connected to a 7608 Nvr all purchased from yourself.
I can upgrade the firmware fine on the 2142 domes however on the 3x 2132 domes no matter what firmware I choose I always get the message unknown error.
All 3 of the domes are still on 5.2.0 build 140721 but there seems no way of upgrading their firmware.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards

Bernie

Hi Phil,

I am attempting to upgrade via the ivms4200 software and also have tried upgrading direct to the camera via enabling the virtual host and trying to upgrade the camera that way.
The other cameras on the system have upgraded absolutely fine it is just the 2132 domes and they always display unknown error.

Regards

Can you follow our HowTo steps, using the IE browser (not Edge) to an individual camera (via Virtual Host) and let me know what happens please.
NB wired connection, file from C://

Hi I am using a Mac so do not have access to internet explorer however what does not make sense to me is how 2 cameras can upgrade the firmware perfectly and the other 2132's always show this unknown error

Different model = different firmware, are you sure you are downloading / extracting / using the correct digicap.dav file for the 2132s?

It may well be due to this, I didn't actually look back at your current firmware version / age:
V5.2 is a long time out-of-date.
It can be problematic to come too far forward in one leap.
Try progressing forward through the versions - starting with just one step e.g. download and try V5.2.3 from here:
DOWNLOAD PORTAL

After a few steps, you should be able to jump to the latest.

Many thanks that worked I had not tried that version since the download portal listed that with an older date than the version I was updating.
I also updated the 7608 to version 3.4.96 build 170921 however after this the virtual host does not seem to working anymore and I am no longer able to individually go into the cameras.
Are there any work arounds.
Once again thanks for your help Phil it is greatly appreciated.

After resetting the Nvr the virtual host came back up and is now working so all good.
I have a quick question about updating my cameras to new models can I ask on this thread or should I start a new thread.

Best Regards
Bernie

That's great.

A new thread would be good, it helps people find relevant queries :)

Back