01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Cannot see IP cams online...

Calvin

Hi, i'm Calvin, new here.
I have a problem with my NVR (7616ni-i2/16p): when i connect my cams (2142 and 2432) to lan ports of the NVR, i can see cams no more... just NVR can see them, but not online, not with SADP...

Otherwise if i connect cams to my switch i can see them again (NVR, Online, Sadp)....

So i have to do something to my NVR to open lan ports maybe?

Thanks !

Just to clarify, when you connect the cameras to the PoE ports on your NVR, the NVR can see them but you can't see them in Hik-Connect? If you connect the cameras to your switch (your internet router?), which I assume is then connected to the NVR's LAN port, the NVR, hik-connect and SADP can see the cameras? Is that correct?

First guess would be your gateway on the NVR (normally your internet router IP) and the correct DNS (1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8).
Failing that... SADP works on layer 2 (the data link layer) and your issue might be subnetting related. If the above does not work, send some screen captures of the NVR network setup. Keep us posted.

Just to add/clarify - what you are seeing is normal.
SADP does not see cameras connected to your NVR ports - as they are effectively connected to a different domain range (under the NVR's management) to the network domain range that you PC is connected to.

If you log into your NVR, go to Configuration, and check Camera Management you should be able to see you cameras.

Back