01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Cannot find firmware for old Hikvision ptz

I cannot find new firmware for my Hikvision speed dome DS-2ZMN2007-JKB which is running V5.2.7 at the moment, and keeps getting hacked. I have had to take it off line. I don't know who the supplier was as it was on the house when we bought it, so cannot go back to a supplier. I have looked at the Hikvision portal and cannot find this camera anywhere. Thanks for any advice.

Thank you so much for that, I can see the camera listed on the page. One question though, the current software is all in Chinese and I have to get google to translate it before I can do anything, which is OK. But if I update its firmware to this new one, will there be any conflict being that it currently thinks it is Chinese?

Ok, if you have a Chinese stock camera it is unlikely that it will accept UK/EU firmware, you would need to try and track down the Chinese firmware. (but I wouldn't be able to advise you where to find that firmware)

Ok, if you have a Chinese stock camera it is unlikely that it will accept UK/EU firmware, you would need to try and track down the Chinese firmware. (but I wouldn't be able to advise you were to find that firmware)
Thank you for info, sounds like there's nothing I can do.

Just discovered this morning that the camera's password has changed overnight, although the camera is no longer online. Interestingly, when I used the password reset helper, it found two "admin" accounts. Once I had got back into the camera, I could only see one admin account. All very strange.

Back