01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Camera time display freezes?

CLK55

Hi all,

I have a DS-2CD63C5G0E-IVS 12 MP fisheye that has been experiencing problems as of late. From time to time and more frequently since I first noticed the issue, the time display will lock up and freeze. For example, the time will be stuck at 3 in the afternoon even though it's 11 at night. I have to reboot the entire NVR in order to get the time to start displaying and counting properly. The firmware appears to be the latest, V5.5.802_210926

Is there a means to reboot only the fisheye?

Is this a common issue with an easy fix?

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

Hi @CLK55

Depending on the NVR model you should be able to access the directly connected Fisheye camera using Virtual Host, if your NVR is an older model that doesn't support Virtual Host then the only way to reboot just one specific camera would be to unplug it from the NVR PoE switch for 10-15 seconds and then plug it back in again.

The issue could be that the time settings on the camera are different to the NVR, we have seen glitchy time issues in the past when the camera is set to a different time zone to the NVR or the camera has DST set but the NVR doesn't. If you have access to Virtual Host, we would recommend logging into the Fisheye camera and checking the time settings are correct.

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll take a look at the time settings on the NVR and the camera in question. The NVR is a DS-7616NI-12/16P, since I'm on Linux I think I will need to connect directly into one of the NVRs ports and put the laptop on the same subnet as the cameras so I can access the camera directly from a browser that way to check the settings.

Although the plug / unplug method seems pretty easy if I can't resolve it any other way. I have to ask, will I cause any issues long term if I just use the plug / unplug method whenever the time freezes up?

Hi @CLK55

I wouldn't expect any issues with the camera from physically unplugging & plugging it back in, as long as you are not doing it too frequently, you don't unplug it while it's booting up, and you don't unplug/replug too quickly (as I say above, roughly 10-15 seconds between unplugging/replugging should be fine).

Back