01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Camera models are listed according to your region on the website.

Robertomcat

Hello, good afternoon.

A few days ago I was looking to buy this model DS-2CD2387G2-L(U) that the specifications can be found both in the global page as in Spain, but looking at the global page of Hikvision I have seen that there is a model that is not found in the Spain page, specifically the model DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL.

What does it mean that there are some models on the global website, and that the same model is not on the Spanish website? The question is that I was about to buy the DS-2CD2387G2-L(U) model with less features than the DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL model only because it took the Spanish website as a reference. Now I will have to evaluate the price difference.

Thank you!

Hi @Robertomcat

Usually, if a model appears on global but not on your regional Hikvision site this means the model is not available in your region, but with ColorVu it might be slightly more complicated. Originally all ColorVu models were only available in 2MP & 4MP and then gradually they released more 8MP models, the 2387G2-LSU/SL has been released here in the UK so may follow soon in the EU/Spain region.

You would be best off speaking directly to whoever you buy your Hikvision equipment from in Spain to confirm if they have stock or are expecting stock of the 8MP model.

Just so you are aware, the only major difference between the -LU and -LSU/SL models is that the -LSU/SL model supports Live-Guard features which are the flashing strobe light and audible warning alarm, if you are buying the cameras for use in a residential area these features might not be suitable as they may annoy you and your neighbours.

Hi @Dan

Thank you for your response.

The truth is that the option of the strobe light and the alarm sound is an option that I really liked. I live in a fairly isolated house, so the neighbours won't know if there is an event.

What has annoyed me is that I have looked for the DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL model on the Spanish websites and it is indeed for sale, and all because of the Hikvision Spain website. From now on I will search for cameras and firmware on the global site. Thank you very much!

Reactions: Dan
Good to hear :)

I would be careful though searching for products on the Global site because you may find some models that are not available/will never be available in your region and this can cause even more confusion.

If you need firmware for the 2387G2-LSU/SL we would recommend sourcing it from the EU Hikvision Download Portal (V5.7.11_221009 is the latest version for the 2387G2) because again the firmware listed on the Global site product page might not be correct for your region and might not be accepted by your camera.

Hi @Dan Good afternoon

I have accessed the download UE portal of the G5 cameras, and filtering by firmware release order, two newer firmware appear, and in the list of compatible devices, the two cameras I have appear. However, on the web page where you can see the devices, features and updates, they all show that the latest update is V5.7.10_220830.

The latest update on the portal is V5.7.11_220913 and the list of compatible devices also shows the two cameras I have, the updates are minor and there is also a warning that it will not be possible to go back to version 5.7.10. If this latest version appears on the portal, I understand that it is already an official release, right? Thank you!

Captura de pantalla 2022-12-10 181847.png

Hi @Robertomcat

Yes, the latest official firmware is the v5.7.11 firmware on the download portal, we recommend that you check both the portal and the website because sometimes the website has the newest version and sometimes the portal has the latest version.

It is always worth doing a quick search of the forum when you see a new firmware release because there can sometimes be issues reported by other users, as far as I am aware there are no issues with the v5.7.11 firmware.

Good afternoon.

I have just updated the DS-2CD2387G2-L camera to firmware version V5.7.11_220913, and so far everything is working fine.

Reactions: Dan
Back