01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Camera firmware 5.5.83

Bluenose1940

Centurion!
Trusted Member
I have downloaded and unzipped the latest Hikvision Camera Firmware update about 5 or 6 times and, none of my upgrade attempts have been successful.

I keep getting a 'Firmware error' message every time. Anyone else having a problem with this?

Assuming you're sure that firmware is for your camera - do you have the digicap file on the root C drive when you attempt to do the upgrade?

The firmware is definitely for my cameras . I'm using a usb memory stick for a local upgrade.

Weird. Can you try putting the file on the C drive and try upgrading through the web GUI?

My cameras are :-

DS-2CD2155FWD-I and DS-2CD2035FWD-I which are I believe both G1 Series cameras.

EDIT: I have updated my NVR and my cameras numerous times using the USB stick method. I had problems the first time that I did it but after that it all worked fine.

Last edited:
Yes Phil, yours is the method that I always use now. I have had no problems previously but it aint not werkin this time it aint not. That's what prompted me to think that there might be a bug in the update or something.

Hello StewartM, thank you for coming in on this problem.

I am very pleased to say that I have actually got over the problem and now have both my cameras upgraded to the latest firmware (v5.5.83 Build 190221) and working perfectly. I must be honest though, I really can't remember doing the last upgrade in this way. What I did to achieve my goal was, instead of going into Menu - Maintenance - Camera - Upgrade, I actually went into Menu - Camera Management - Upgrade (The upgrade button being in the middle of the screen both horizontally and vertically.

As I say, I really cannot recall doing it this way on the last upgrade but if I did, then it must be an 'age thing' as I am a grey haired old wrinkley with limited techie knowledge.

Anyway, thanks again to everyone for coming in on the matter, much appreciated.

My next goal is to try to get 'Live View' working in iVMS4200.

Last edited:
Back