01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Camera choice FoV and placement

lnikander

I'd be very interested in your recommendations as to which products you recommend I choose (and why) and their placement. I've been looking mainly at HIKVision cameras and NVRs so if it makes it easier to recommend products then I'm happy to limit myself to their selection. I've attached a couple of photos that try to explain what I'm looking for. 2 from the back/front-side of the house and one which explains where the doors are and where it would be easy for me to place cameras (since I have external PoE patch panels there).

For the cameras placed at 1 and 2 I'd not only like to have as large a FoV as possible I'd also like to be able to recognize faces since they are the main entry-way into the house.

The placement of camera 3 feels a bit tricker since I not only want to see as much of the back yard as possible but also see if anyone is trying to gain entry through the patio door and balcony door

If it turns out I need more cameras then that works too (in that case please also recommend placement). One weakness I can see already is that no camera catches what happens at the garage door since the house lies behind it.

The electrical system is based on KNX. Is there any way to (easily) interface between HKIProducts and them? Turn recording on/off with a button for example.

Slide1.JPG
Slide2.JPG

Slide3.JPG

Thank you.

A follow-up question. If I want to add 2 (maybe 3) cameras indoors.

One in the garage and one on each of the floors in the main building, what would you recommend then? A friend of mine has a setup where when the alarm is off all internal cameras turn to face the ceiling automatically, the reason being to make sure there is no way to monitor people inside the house without them knowing about it. I like that setup so if product choice influences the ability to do that then I prefer products that can be used in that way(for the main building at least, garage isn't that important).

The 2445 cube is a popular camera for indoor use:
Hikvision DS-2CD2455FWD-IW | 2.8mm 5MP Cube Network Camera

To do as you describe would require PTZ cameras, and preset settings that react to a system/camera input from the alarm system.
Most of the Hikvision PTZs we have to offer are larger than you would wish for inside domestic rooms.

Back