01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Apple TV

Borospark

Hi, Im trying to view my Hikvision NVR on my apple TV but I cant seem to get it to work.
Ive tried inputting the IP address of the NVR but there are some other settings that I wasnt sure of. I did think that it was maybe the individual IP addresses of the cameras that I needed but as I set them up with plugnplay I wasnt sure what they were.
Ive also tried a couple of different apps but if anyone who already has it working could offer some advice I would be extremely grateful.

Equipment is DS-2CD2142FWD-IS cameras and DS-7604NI-K1/4P NVR

Sorry I can't help with this, I don't have access to Apple TV.

Does Apple TV generate the picture e.g. have an HDMI connection to your TV?
I only ask because if you rely on the TV to decode/manage the CCTV video it doesn't generally work, as (for example) the browsers built into TVs don't have / can't run Flash, ActiveX, etc.

If you'd like to share a screenshot of your settings/problem, somebody may be able to help you.

BTW - If your 7604 NVR is physically close to your TV you can just connect its monitor output to your TV (HDMI/VGA).

What if you use Screen Mirroring? I think this will display on your tv whatever is displayed on your ios device.

Thanks for the replies.
The apple Tv connects to the TV by HDMI and works in much the same way as an ipad only on the TV, although there is no browser
There are a couple of apps that claim to work with IP addresses but i cant seem to get them to work. And Hikvision have said they dont have any plans at the moment to make one.
The NVR is placed in a different room so would require a HDMI of considerable length.
I can screen mirror from my ipad to the apple tv but that sort of defeats the object as I might as well just view it on my ipad/iphone, also I work away and take it with me, meaning no one else can then view it. I have no issues with the IOS apps

I was hoping to be able to connect to the NVR as this would give me access to recordings as opposed to access to the cameras as this would only be a live feed.
Im assuming someone must have it working but its difficult to find.

Ok. Yes you think this would be an easy thing to do but it seems not. Have read on another forum about using a raspberry pi but i have no idea how this would work.

What about using TP Links/cat5 and hdmi converters? Not tried it myself though.

Back