01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Advice needed

markharriers

Hi and thank you for letting me join this forum.

I am after some advice on what camera system you guys think would suit my needs.

I live in a small terraced house so i would only need two cameras. I would want a camera that records to cloud to prevent the thieves pinching my box with my recordings on preferable without a monthly fee.
I have been reading and reading the past few weeks as im very new to this, I have found ucam 247 which looked like it would suit my needs as you can buy micro cloud nvr network video recorder which is the size of a match box and easy hidden.
But i have found this forum now and its opened my mind to more suggestions from you people more in the know than myself.
I am very new to this but like i said i have been doing a lot of reading and it looks like an ip camera is more rated than cctv?
looking forward to any help received

Well, that's an easy issue. You can just purchase two outdoor ip cameras which support cloud storage.
There is no need to purchase any NVR, you can view the live feed on your phone or PC, and view the recordings and playback on the cloud.
If you want more cameras in the future, just purchase another ones to combine them into a kit.
Hope it can help you.

Many thanks for your reply is there a camera you would recommend also would i have to pay for cloud storage and again who would you recommend many many thanks again.

A friend of mine has maybe 8 Foscam in their house. All Wifi, and all supplied via plugpacks in wall outlets. Over 2 years, a couple of them has already failed.
For the price they paid (around 150AUD ea) you could probably nearly get a much better Hikvision, although it would not be PT as the Foscam were.
I have Hik's at home, and are very happy with them, and the Hik NVR as well.

Back