01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Adding NVR to 2nd HIK-Connect account

craig242

Hi all,

Firstly thanks to Use-IP for putting together the Hikvision mega thread tutorial, greatly appreciated!

Anyway, using that thread I have been able to set up the NVR with 3 IPC's. All is working perfectly (eventually). I set up a HIK-Connect account, added the system and can see it in IVMS-4500 and the HIK Connect app - Happy days.

Issue came when trying to get the same NVR on the girlfriends phone. I got her to create a HIK-Connect account and I shared the NVR. On the web portal I see it under 'shared devices' and on her account it appears under 'other devices' once she accepted it.

On her HIK-Connect app the system is available with full permissions. On IVMS-4500, after logging in with the HIK-Connect account, the system isn't displayed. If I try to add it manually, it errors with 'device is already in use with another user' or something to that effect (can't quite remember as it was yesterday!)

So, is it possible for shared devices to be viewed on IVMS-4500 or is this just limited to HIK-Connect app?

Thanks,
Craig

Thought that might be the case. Just wanted to see if it was possible to add shared devices on iVMS-4500.

Do you know if we could share use my HIK-Connect account over 2 phones? Or would that cause some conflicts if we are using the app at the same time etc?

I don't know whether that would work, by all means test and report back.

Did you mean Hik-Connect?
As you are able to share between Hik-Connect accounts (but not iVMS-4500).

Will give it a try.

Sorry I meant if it would be possible for her to log in to IVMS4500 using my HIK-Connect account as it doesnt appear to support shared devices.

Using HIK-Connect app we have no issues as I can share the system and she can view it so may just have to stick to that app.

Back