01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Accidentally firewalled my camera

FireBIade

School boy error, I was seeing if there was a way to IP filter my Hikvision NVR without buying anymore hardware (Virgin router does forwarding but not custom filtering), then I remembered the cameras themselves have an IP filter option, so I thought I'd give it a go. I added 2 IP's set to allow which in my mind means block everything else. Now the NVR won't talk to the camera even if I set it's IP to one of the allowed ones, I'm guessing my only option is to go outside take the cover off and do the hard reset procedure?

SADP sees the camera when it's plugged in via a POE injector to the LAN but I can't browse to the web gui.

Will the Batch Config Tool let you access and reset them?
Or maybe even edit the Config and fix the problem withour resetting them?

The Batch Config Tool can be downloaded here:
DOWNLOAD PORTAL

Batch Config Tool 5-3-18.png

I gave it a go but it only allows me to modify the IP address details for the camera but will not add the camera to the top list where you can go further with the config. NVR went in fine.

Solved it, temporarily opened port 443 on the router and came in from the external address I had added to the filter list. Login popped up straight away allowing me to remove the filter and everything is back to normal, not sure why the local address I had added to the list just didn't seem to work. Looks like I will need to get a small firewall box that allows IP Filtering.

Back