01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

accessing from WAN

stanzanim

Hi there
I am using dynamic DNS in my router and I want to access my IPCAM from outside. The dynamic DNS works since I make my IP static for other application
The IP is 192.168.1.xx HTTP port is 812 so supposedly if I type http://<aaaa>.dynamic-dns.net:801/ I was expecting to see my IP PAGE from WAn like I see from my LAN at 192.168.1.xx:812
I can't tough

Please help

It works but ... I see a black screen in the live view (no image). I can see the image from my LAN intranet, though ....

Are you testing remote access from another site?
If testing from the same site you may encounter difficulties if you loop-back through the same router.

I am accessing the IP camera from the wan through dynamic dns. I can configure the camera remotely. Just the live view is blank ...

Are you using a Mac or PC for your remote access?
Which browser?
Have you installed the plugin?
What camera/NVR?
Are you running the latest camera/NVR firmware?

Are you using a Mac or PC for your remote access?; win10 pc
Which browser? GOOGLE CHROME
Have you installed the plugin? NO! (pls address me on how to install the plugin: I'll check the user manual :) )
What camera/NVR? DS-2555
Are you running the latest camera/NVR firmware? YES

Thank you so much

Try again with Internet Explorer (not Edge).
If you prefer Chrome, use the IEtab extension to emulate IE in the Chrome browser.

FYI, I use chrome with the LAN PC and it works. Same Chrome with the WAN PC doesn't work
thanks I will try

OK, it works wi IE rev.11. I have been asked to install a Hikvision plugin. Next question is: can I do the same with chrome manually? i.e. get the plugin from hikvision site and apply to Chrome?

Thanks

OK got it. It works fine. Hikvision site should have better explained this, as well as the user manual (this is disappointing ...)
it is black magic why it works without the IE tab in my LAN ....

Last edited:
Back