01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

abnormal shutdown

PoweredByVeg

Hi all,

Below is the email I have just sent to my supplier, does anyone have any advice? anyone experienced this before?

Hi,

I bought a DS-7608NI-I28P-No-Hard-Drive~7608NI-I28P from you a few months back. I have a problem where I get abnormal shutdown. The system goes off then comes immediately back on. It takes a few minutes to boot back up and reconnect the 6 cameras.

I think I have narrowed it down to hik-connect. If I untick enable for the hik-connect service on the nvr the system runs great without any problems for weeks and I can connect to the system using the hik-connect app using my static ip address. The only problem with this is that I cant get notifications for line crossing or at least I cant figure a way of getting them using a static ip address to view.

If I enable hik-connect services on the nvr it can run for a few hours or even a day and then it reboots (abnormal shutdown) but this does give me the line detection notifications as it should through the hik-connect.

Have you come across this before or is this a know bug hikvision are working on?

I have the latest firmware installed on my nvr V4.21.005 build 190509

Also I have the latest firmware installed on my cameras V5.6.0 build 190507

Many thanks for your time.

Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm away in America at the moment. I activated hik-connect service before leaving so I can get line crossing detection notifications. It's been up for 3 days without a reboot. Im away for 2 weeks so if it stays up for these 2 weeks I guess it's OK. I will continue to monitor it.

Back