01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

URL snapshot KO with Chrome but OK with Firefox

Mific78

Hello,

I have two HikVision DS-2DE2A404IW-DE3 cameras with firmware V5.6.16 build 200925.

I want to take a snapshot and for that I use the following URL:
Code:
http://user:password@IP:port/ISAPI/Streaming/channels/101/picture

When I do this with CHROME, it works for one of the cameras and not for the other (http error 401).

When I do this with FIREFOX, it works with both cameras.

The configuration of the two cameras seems to be the same.

So I don't understand where the problem can come from ?

A 401 error usually means that you are not authorised e.g. it would indicate that the user name and/or password is incorrect.

OK but the URL are the same, the cameras are the same, the firmwares are the same and yet for one camera it works with Firefox and not with Chrome. So I think there is a problem with Chrome and the configuration of the "bad" camera, but which one ?

As you say, it does not make any sense IF all things are the same, but the result is different.
Are you sure the password is the same on both? (and no typos when you are testing)
Are you sure that both cameras are running exactly the same firmware?

Are both the cameras on the same network?
And being tested from the same PC on that network?

Last edited:
Yes, the password is the same on both, both cameras are running exactly the same firmware, both cameras are on the same network and tested from the same PC. So it's rather strange ... My understanding is the problem comes from the configuration of the cameras AND from the Chrome configuration.

It could be IP address related e.g. maybe Chrome regards (has been told) that one address is safe?
Maybe swap the addresses that the cameras have on your network and see whether the problem moves to the other camera.

It could be perhaps some glitch in the camera configuration - maybe try a reset to defaults and re-configure from scratch.

Have you cycled the power since the cameras last had a firmware update?

Are they running the latest available firmware?
(check the portal / ignore any message in your browser that may state they are running the latest)

Back