01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Time to add two more cameras

Redialnow

Hi all,

Been looking to buy 2 more cameras but cannot find models I have previously purchased so hopefully somone may help with suggesting replacements. Had a look on website but not 100% confident I am looking at the right cameras.

One camera is to monitor patio doors which I want to wall mount above and to left of patio doors. I was thinking of using a dome type. I already have a DS-2CD 2563GO-IS 6MP which monitors shed which is mounted on soffit and was hoping to get simular in white. This model doesn’t seem to be availabe anymore so if possible can somone suggest the replacement model….also do you think it will be ok on a wall looking down on patio door and if it is ok will it need a junction box to accomodate cat cable/RJ45?

The second camera I want is a DS-2CD238SG1-1 8MP fixed turret. Again not available at Use IP so if somone could suggest the replacement model that would be great.

Thanks,
Paul

Hi @Redialnow

Both the models you listed above have now gone EOL.

In regards to the Mini Dome, we would recommend the DS-2CD2546G2-IS 4MP AcuSense Mini Dome which is 4MP rather than 6MP, but over the short distances you are covering you will not notice a massive difference in image quality. The Mini Dome can be mounted straight to the wall, but you would need to drill a hole directly behind the camera that is large enough to take the camera's pigtail/fly lead through the wall.

Also, wall mounting and looking straight down may not be so easy with the Mini Domes because the design of the dome limits how far down you can tilt the camera lens, if you need to look directly below the mounting position you would be better off installing the Mini Dome on the underside of the soffit to give you more angle of adjustment.

In regards to the turret camera, the recommended model would be the DS-2CD2386G2-IU 8MP AcuSense Turret camera

Hi @Redialnow

Both the models you listed above have now gone EOL.

In regards to the Mini Dome, we would recommend the DS-2CD2546G2-IS 4MP AcuSense Mini Dome which is 4MP rather than 6MP, but over the short distances you are covering you will not notice a massive difference in image quality. The Mini Dome can be mounted straight to the wall, but you would need to drill a hole directly behind the camera that is large enough to take the camera's pigtail/fly lead through the wall.

Also, wall mounting and looking straight down may not be so easy with the Mini Domes because the design of the dome limits how far down you can tilt the camera lens, if you need to look directly below the mounting position you would be better off installing the Mini Dome on the underside of the soffit to give you more angle of adjustment.

In regards to the turret camera, the recommended model would be the DS-2CD2386G2-IU 8MP AcuSense Turret camera
Thanks again Dan.

Just placed order.

Best Regards,
Paul

Back