01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware RTMP firmware for my DS-2CD2347G2-LU turret camera?

Paul2021

Hello

I have two Hikvision DS-2CD2347G2-LU cameras, Last year I upgraded my first one with RTMP firmware from the Uk Hikvision Portal

Today I bought a second camera, When trying to upgrade with the same firmware it fails.

Please see screenshot from cam one and cam two (attached)

I have downloaded the latest firmaware for the second cam direclty from Hikvision but still fails to upgrade. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Paul

Attachments

• Cam 1.jpg
    Cam 1.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 423
  • Cam 2.jpg
    Cam 2.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 387
Hi @Paul2021

Since you purchased your first camera Hikvision has released a new version of many of the AcuSense/ColorVu cameras, these new models are labelled with a (C) and support a different firmware to the original generation of cameras.

You will see in your above screenshots that the Firmware Version Property is G3 for your old model and G5 for your newer model, this signifies the firmware that the camera uses and so your new model will use the G5 RTMP firmware which is v5.7.1

Yes, if you follow the link from my post above that takes you directly to the RTMP firmware from that G5 folder.

Hi, I have the same problem but with the new DS-2CD2347G2-LSU model. Looks like LSU model doens`t work with G5 firmware, any idea where to find the RTMP firmware for this new model ?

Hi @osolares

What firmware version is your camera currently running? Can you confirm the 'Firmware Version Property' of your camera? (like the screenshots above, you'll find this information under System > Basic Information)

@Dan

Currently the camera is running the V5.7.12 build 230131. The Firmware Version Property is B-R-G5-0. We downloaded the latest firmware, but it doesn't support RTMP.

Hi @osolares

Unfortunately, the RTMP feature is only supported on the custom v5.7.1 firmware and recently Hikvision has made it clear to us that their latest releases of the baseline firmware (e.g. v5.7.12) cannot be downgraded to this custom firmware.

Basically, they are saying that RTMP is no longer supported by the G5 cameras.

We are as frustrated as you probably are with this development because Hikvision had been heavily promoting this RTMP solution and then without any warning to us or customers they have stopped supporting it.

The only solution they have given me is that they can offer to RMA the camera back to their technical team for them to perform a serial degrading on the camera to allow the custom firmware to be installed, but you would need to do this via the authorised Hikvision seller you bought the cameras from.

Hi @osolares

Unfortunately, the RTMP feature is only supported on the custom v5.7.1 firmware and recently Hikvision has made it clear to us that their latest releases of the baseline firmware (e.g. v5.7.12) cannot be downgraded to this custom firmware.

Basically, they are saying that RTMP is no longer supported by the G5 cameras.

We are as frustrated as you probably are with this development because Hikvision had been heavily promoting this RTMP solution and then without any warning to us or customers they have stopped supporting it.

The only solution they have given me is that they can offer to RMA the camera back to their technical team for them to perform a serial degrading on the camera to allow the custom firmware to be installed, but you would need to do this via the authorised Hikvision seller you bought the cameras from.

thank you very much Dan, so will firmware v5.7.1 work for the LSU model if I downgrade first ?

I mean, if I first update the firmware via serial port to a lower firmware, then the camera will accept the update to the RTMP firmware for the G5?

Hi @osolares

If you have another LSU camera running earlier firmware then you might be able to downgrade the firmware to v5.7.1, but the latest baseline firmware cannot be downgraded to the RTMP firmware without RMA'ing it back to Hikvision.

Hi @osolares

If you have another LSU camera running earlier firmware then you might be able to downgrade the firmware to v5.7.1, but the latest baseline firmware cannot be downgraded to the RTMP firmware without RMA'ing it back to Hikvision.
Hi Dan, any other camera that still support RTMP, can you recommend ? also maybe other brand than Hikvision, I need build in mic, 4Mp, 2,8mm lens

Back