01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Question about DVR + IP Camera + Password

GonzaloGM

Hi there, I'm hoping you can guide me a bit about setting up an IP camera with my DVR. Some time ago I bought a Hikvision DVR (DS-7208HQHI-K1) which is working just fine with 4 wired (UTP with coaxial connectors) Hikvision cameras. I wanted to add a C8C Ezviz IP camera (CS-C8C-A0-1F2WFL1) I bought (I was told they were compatible) but I'm running into some trouble.

What I tried was the following:
1. Connected the camera to an outlet using the 12v adapter it comes with, in order to power it
2. Downloaded the EZ VIZ iOS app on my phone, setup an account and and setup the camera to the same network as the DVR. I checked with SADPTool and they're in the same network range. (192.168.0.101 the DVR, 192.168.0.105 the C8C camera)
3. I can see the camera feed in the Ez-viz app without issues, but then I tried adding it to the DVR doing the following:

1. Right click->Menu->Camera->IP camera->the camera was listed as Active in there, but when I clicked Add it asked for a password. I tried using the same password that I used after adding the camera in the EZ Viz iOS app, but it keeps telling me it's the wrong one. I doubt it's wrong because I copied and pasted. Is this the right password I should use? Is "admin" always the username? Because when creating the password I didn't choose a username.

If this is indeed the right password, would I be able to reset it by resetting the camera with the reset button on its back? Or do I need to use the reset procedure in SADP? Thanks in advance and sorry for being so lost with this.

Well, after seeing some videos on Youtube I was able to find that the password was the "Verification Code" located in the camera's label, alongside the QR. Hopefully this is useful for someone else! :)

Back