01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

NVR's combination?

Muhannad_x

Hi
I have DS-9632NI-I8 (V4.60.005 ) connected with 18 x ip cameras (set all to max bit rate and full frame rate)
Now i want to add 6 x DS-2CD2387G2 to my nvr but it showed me that no enough bandwidth,
after that i bought DS-7616NI-M2(V4.61.420) in order to increase Channel number and Total bandwidth.
After That i tried to connect the new nvr with DS-9632NI-I8 through Configuration > Camera Management > adding it's ip
After adding the new nvr i found that Total number of channels and bandwidth still the same!
Is there a way to increase bandwidth capability of nvr without reducing camera's Bitrate or frame rate ?
What's the correct way to connect this two nvrs in order to work as a one unit?
any suggestions?
Thanks

Last edited:
Hi @Muhannad_x

Bandwidth is fixed in the software/hardware of the NVR and there is no way to increase it, traditionally the bandwidth limits of the NVRs have been more than enough for any number/resolution of cameras but as the resolutions available from IP cameras have crept up (8MP/12MP widely available) those older NVR models were never designed to run so many high-resolution cameras.

You can't connect multiple Hikvision NVRs together in the way that you describe, if you want to view the cameras from multiple NVRs in one place you will need to use Hikvision's desktop VMS - iVMS-4200(V3.10.0.5_E) - which allows you to add multiple devices (cameras, NVRs, intercoms, etc...) to it and view them all in the same place.

Back