01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

NVR settings after new router?

david_c

I am a complete novice at this game so I'm hoping someone will be able to help. I have a four camera system connected to an NVR. It was working fine until I had to get a new router. The internet in general is now working properly but I get an error message "incorrect user name or password" from the CCTV. I have got as far as finding the NVR on the SADP software but I can't get any further. Very grateful for any help.

It's very common for a new router to use a different IP address domain range to the previous router.
Can you see your router's IP address please?
And your NVR's IP address in SADP?

Hello Phil, Thanks very much for the prompt reply! The router IP address is 192.168.0.1 and the NVR is showing in SADM as 192.168.1.64.

Hi @david_c

From the above information, it does look like your NVR is currently on a different IP range (192.168.1.xxx) to your new router (192.168.0.xxx).

To get the NVR onto this new IP range, you need to select the NVR from the SADP list and this should bring up a box on the right of the SADP window that will let you modify details of the NVR.

Once you have this modify window open, you need to tick the 'Enable DHCP' box, enter your NVR password at the bottom, and click Modify.

After the change has been saved, if click 'Refresh' the SADP list should update with the NVR now assigned a 192.168.0.xxx IP address which is now the address you will use to access the NVR.

If the NVR has successfully been assigned a new IP address, you can go back into the modify window, disable DHCP, enter your NVR password, and click Modify.

Disabling DHCP after the IP address has changed will keep the NVRs IP address fixed to the one that was assigned when DHCP was enabled.

Hi Dan (& Phil), many thanks for the help. I’ve successfully changed the NVR IP address to 192.168.0.9 which looks like the same pattern as the router. However I’m afraid I’m still getting the message “incorrect user name or password” when I try to use the CCTV. I’d be very grateful if you have further suggestions.
Kind regards, David C

Hi @david_c

Where exactly are you seeing the “incorrect user name or password” error message? Can you please share a screenshot of this error message?

Back