01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

No ONVIF Protocol option on my Hikvision DS-2CD2146G2-ISU AcuSense Darkfighter dome camera?

GerHil

Hi , New to forum. Looking for some help I have accuired a Hikvision DS-2CD2146G2-ISU AcuSense Darkfighter dome which i stupidly bought and did not check if it was onvif capabile.
I have 2 questions in the setup there is no option to turn on onvif is there any way I can have this work on onvif. Firmware on camera latest update V5.7.12.221201 I have it connected to a ZXTECH MD1602XVR DVR with firmware XVR 3531D 6158C 16 2 BD V5 V20.1.30.4 K300025657.

Second question would be if above not possible , I currently have it on the bench and connected to DVR on RTP mode but it won't go to full 4MP the picture just dissapears. I have tried lowering FPS and having on 265+ mode any help would be appreciated.

Sorry i'm sure this would have been covered before but I can't find.

Hello, good afternoon. My camera is not the same as your model, but I check this path to see if it follows the same route as yours and the ONVIF is there.

2023-01-13_15h49_10.jpg

Hi, Thank you for the reply. This looks the same as my setup and that is the way mine is setup and it still won't work on the onvif on my DVR wondering if there is something else I am missing thanks again.

Well, I can't help you any more. I have two cameras that are recorded in Synology's Surveillance Station, and although the cameras are not on the list of those compatible with Synology, by activating ONVIF on the cameras I can link them without any problem in Surveillance Station.

Does this help you?

Does this help you?

Thanks for the reply . As per Robertomcat above snapshot my setup does not have the option to tick enable onvif I am just hoping i am missing something being new to IP cameras.

@GerHil I am pretty sure that your camera should be ONVIF capable.
What version of firmware do you have installed on it please?

Hi Phil , Thanks the firmware is the latest version V5.7.12 221201 As we speak Domar have just sent me an XVR firmware update which I will install tonight and maybe sort any bugs the DVR has fingers crossed.

Is your camera connected to your Local Area Network?
And you are viewing it using a browser on a PC?
Wired to the same LAN?
by entering the camera's IP address on your network into the browser address bar?
But you do not see the enable ONVIF check box as per #2 above?

Can you share a screenshot of what you are seeing on that same back-end page please?

Phil sorry i missed one of your posts my settings is exactly the same as the post from Robertomcat above only in English. But i will post it later. Mine does not have the tick box for onvif and this was the same before I updated from the factory 2021 firmware from new.

Hi GerHil,

Hikvision changed 'Enable ONVIF' to 'Enable Open Network Video InterFace' in their settings, which is what you have already got ticked.

You should just need to add a new user as an administrator like you can see Robertomcat has done in the screenshot he shared with you, this should then allow you to connect your camera using ONVIF.

Hi Jake i never even gave it a thought Open Network is ONVIF Lol. And that is my camera user/ admin so as for is my camera onvif the answer is yes thanks. Now i need to find out why my DVR wont see it as ONVIF etc.

Just to restate you need to 'add a user' e.g. you need to create a user that your NVR can use to access the camera with ONVIF rights.
Add the user in the screen shown.
When you configure your NVR to add this camera, use the user name and password that you set here for ONVIF access to the camera.

Hi all, I managed to speak to Domar who supplied the ZX TECH DVR and they said its an issue with their dvr that cant work with Hikvision cameras properly.
So looks like I am gonny be in the market for a DVR or NVR that can do my existing analogue and new Hik IP cameras.

Back