01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Nightly intrusion detection events not registered in Hik-Connect?

Ray Arts

Hi all, kindly requesting your help eliminating an issue with event triggering.

Please review the clip (attached). My son is returning at night on his scooter.

I can't seem to get the config right to trigger the intrusion detection event to notify Hik-Connect. I have no notification.
Anything wrong with my setup? I have enabled "Notify Surveillance Center" in Linkage Method. I did not restrict the event trigger by setting a minimum for the object. Every object should be triggered. Time threshold is set to 0 (zero). Sensitivity set to 35.

DS-2CD2387G2-LU - V5.7.17 build 240606
DS-7808NI-I2 - V4.61.030 build 240123

Attachments

• clip.mp4
    3.3 MB
Last edited:
Have you installed IVMS4200 to check camera itself? Not the NVR, but the camera Remote playback

Then the only way to check is by using an external POE and adding a local storage sdcard.

Can you find the Normal Events(Motion), not the ones, clips, recorded and found by Search tab on your NVR GUI or browser, but those that can be found by using the by Rules option in Playback - Event - Space Rule - Draw Motion Detection Rule.
If not, there you may have the exact issue with my NXI-K NVR, where after firmware v5.7.17, I cannot find Motion Events in timeline and also no Smart VCA events other than Human.

Also by using the iVMS4200 there is the option in Remote Playback to incresae Sensitivity for VCA rules search from level 2 to level 3. I don't think this exists on browser search by rules or there no such an option at all.

Attachments

• vcasensitivity.png
    vcasensitivity.png
    28.1 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
As far as I know, you not only have to tick the box for "notify surveillance center" but you also have to go to the right and check the corresponding box for "trigger recording" - even if you are set to continuous recording as I am. That's what allows the video clips to be sent to Hik Connect.

Also, I think you need to set the box for the minimum size in order for intrusion detection to work. Otherwise I wonder how it could possibly work, as it would trigger and send notifications for every single movement in the scene.

Try doing both of the above and see if that helps.

Update: I twisted the camera position a bit upwards and now (to my surprise) I do get events captured a night!

Back