01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware New Firmware_V4.83.005_240802 for DS-7608NXI-K2

alfaclvi

Gives a lot of help
Trusted Member
With release notes.....

No other NXI-K model shows this firmware for the time being. Not even DS-7608NXI-K2/8P or NXI-K4

With release notes.....

No other NXI-K model shows this firmware for the time being. Not even DS-7608NXI-K2/8P or NXI-K4

It looks like they’re finally doing something with Acusearch and say it’ll be available in Hik-Connect by the end of August. It seems nuts that the feature isn’t available on the M series NVR when it’s a much higher spec.

It’s funny that they’ve added frame by frame forward/back as a ‘new feature’ when they removed frame backwards in a firmware some time ago claiming it was intended and not a bug!

I installed this yesterday.
But I cannot test the Acusearch improvements without v5.7.17 on my G5s.
  • Installed again v5.7.17 on one of G5s but the problem with Motion search by Drawing area(by Rules) remains the same. No Motion Events found in Playback - Event - Smart Search - Draw Motion by Rules Search(draw area). I tested for many hours, increased to max sensitivity on camera motion settings, enabled Notify surveillance, disabled Human and Vehicle, disabled Intelligent search, changed SD camera recording from Events to Motion, but nothing. On the other hand, all motion Events are found in instant playback by playing the camera itself(SDcard). This is very strange and there two possibilities. One is that the Enable Dynamic Analysis for Motion is not functioning at all, so that it does not upload Motion VCA to NVR(I remember in previous v5.7.17 was called Enable Dynamic Analysis for face detection) and the other is that the by Drawing Motion sensitivity, which should be MAX when using draw area option, is at very low level by default. And there is no way to adjust same way with iVMS4200. I cannot understand why they do not fix. See end of page below:
Now about other issues, none of previous has been fixed.
  • Prerecord(event start) at Playback - Event - double click camera, issue remains the same. Sometimes using Reverse playback, finds the above lost in start time Event!!!
  • In Playback Normal, the Motion search is missing
  • In Playback Event x2, x4, x8, x16 are missing
  • There is no support for Door and Indoor stations
  • Pressing once Reverse Playback then you cannot manually skip event on timeline, previous reverse playback must finish
  • On Playback there are no VCA rules, targets or regions once again
  • Playback - Normal, If not disabling H and V a popup message "No results. All results have been returned. The camera does not support searching videos that contain human or vehicle" but results are found. I am talking about the G5s
  • Playback FastForward works OK and smooth only until x2 speed. Then the x4 skips 4 seconds, the x8 skips 4 seconds, the x16 skips 4 seconds. This is really funny
  • Previous firmwares this was not necessary to perform a draw area again in Playback - Normal - Smart Search - Draw the Searching area or Draw line, for the timeline you had been watching your Playback. This could be for example half an hour. By de-selecting and re-selecting the Camera, the drawn area was not lost and the new events could be seen easily in Timeline. Now you have to draw the area again to get those half an hour events...

Also there is No option to Update with Batch configuration tool.

Yes this is very strange they do not add this kind of features on high end NVRs as the -M series

Last edited:
Back