01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Need help choosing the right model for home

surajranjan4

Hello, I need to select the right model for home security, the camera placement will be such there is very less to no light at night times, so I was looking for smart hybrid models as I don't wish to have lights on all the time at night. Here are the models I have shortlisted,
DS-2CD1023G2-LIU(F)
DS-2CD1127G2H-LIU
DS-2CD2023G2-IU
DS-2CD2123G2-LI(S)(2U) (Also want to know the difference in this model between DS-2CD2023G2-LI(2U) & DS-2CD2123G2-LI(S)(2U))
DS-2CD2047G2H-LIU

With these cameras, I would go with DS-7608NXI-K2 NVR (Also please let me if there is any major difference between this and k1 model) and DS-3E0310P-E/M POE SWITCH? Is this the right combination?

Hi @surajranjan4

If you are looking for a Hybrid Light camera then we would recommend the DS-2CD2047G2H-LIU (we have no experience with the 1-series [DS-2CD1xxxG2] and also, several of the cameras you've selected are not actually Hybrid Light models).

In regards to the NVR, we would recommend the DS-7608NXI-I2/S as the I-series AcuSense NVR range is more current and continues to receive firmware updates.

The DS-3E0310P-E/M will work fine with the cameras you are looking at.

Thank you for the fast reply.

Incase if I have to go with 2mp, that is between DS-2CD2023G2-IU and DS-2CD2023G2-LI(2U), which has a better picture quality? I am aware thaat one of them is hybrid and another supports just IR. But, considering the features and picture quality which would be the best choice?

Thanks for the NVR suggestion.

Also, I have doubt regarding the 2.8mm and 4mm, like are all bullet cameras start with 4mm and dome cameras with 2.8mm? Or can we have bullet in 2.8mm? Also clarify if dome cameras can be installed without any cover outdoors which has IP67 rating? Because the place where I live have classified cameras like, dome for indoors and bullet for outdoors.

Hi @surajranjan4

Under IR light at night, both models will probably give you very similar images because they have almost the same size sensor but if your scene has lots of ambient light (e.g. street lights, security lights) and you want the smart light feature (switching from IR to Colour on event trigger) then the Hybrid model is the one to go with.

Most Hikvision fixed lens models should be available in 2.8mm & 4mm options, both the 2023G2 models you mention above are available in both focal length options. If the seller you are planning to buy these from is not listing the other focal lengths, speak to them and ask if they can fetch stock of the other focal lengths.

If a dome camera is IP66/67 rated then it will be fine to mount it outdoors without a cover, but rain can collect on the curved surface of the dome bubble so mounting it under a cover or something like a soffit/overhang can reduce this issue and improve the images you get.

Back