01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

IVMS 4200 VS not retrieving NVR channel names

Lectrician

Hi.

IVMS 4200 VS V1.4.0.9.
NVR is a DS-7716NI K4.

I have the software running and have two NVRs already on it, via Hik-Connect cloud access. I added the latest NVR using IP/Domain as could forward ports on that site without IT intervention. It works fine, but channel names are not being retrieved? They just shows as IP Camera_1, IP Camera_2 etc. You can edit the names in the software, but I can't expect customers to do this when they install the software. Is there an incompatibility? The channel names are retrieved correctly when using the hik-connect app on phone and ipad :-/

Thanks.

Hi.

IVMS 4200 VS V1.4.0.9.
NVR is a DS-7716NI K4.

I have the software running and have two NVRs already on it, via Hik-Connect cloud access. I added the latest NVR using IP/Domain as could forward ports on that site without IT intervention. It works fine, but channel names are not being retrieved? They just shows as IP Camera_1, IP Camera_2 etc. You can edit the names in the software, but I can't expect customers to do this when they install the software. Is there an incompatibility? The channel names are retrieved correctly when using the hik-connect app on phone and ipad :-/

Thanks.
You just need to refresh them in the IVMS 4200 software. You should do that every time you add an NVR to the software.

In Device Management > Group, expand the folder for the new NVR. Then right click "encoding channel" and select "update camera names" et voila - sorted.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-11-30 at 18.07.37.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-30 at 18.07.37.png
    860.6 KB · Views: 337
Back