01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

IVMS-4200 still looking for a solution. Please help.

duvetdave

I use IVMS-4200 v2.8.1.4 on my laptop and it works fine except one thing. On “Remote Playback” the option just above the time line “VCA Playback”. I hoped it would be like a smart search on the NVR. So that if I selected motion detection, then selected an area with the red boxes it would return just results in that area highlighted.

However, this does not seem to work. For example, If I know that movement takes place on a part of the screen, say on a path. If I do a VCA Playback search for motion with just that path selected it will not give the result expected even though if I search another way e.g. event search the system has recorded the motion on the path. Any advice please?

In IVMS, when you try the VCA search do you get a message on the bottom right or does it just return nothing?

When I search with the boxes on the app it still returns results but not just in the area selected. For example if the scene is of a path that comes on screen at the bottom left and at the center of the screen splits it to two paths. one path heads straight up and the second across to the right side of the screen.

My setup will detect every movement with no problems (checked on NVR). However, if I know some of the people walked to the right and I select just that area on the app it will return only some of the movements in that area but miss quite a lot. It will also return lots of movement outside the selected area.

Just to make it clear when i do the same search on the NVR, I get the result expected and just get the movement in the area selected and no more.

I hope this makes it a bit clearer, strange isn't it.

I have the 7616-K series in my office. I'll try in the next couple of days to confirm I get the same issue. I'll update you soonest.

I can confirm the same issue on my 7616-K series. I believe this is a limitation of the K series NVRs. The manual mentions the following on page 7:

The capture is supported by I series NVR only.
Multiple recording types: manual, continuous, alarm, motion, motion | alarm, motion & alarm
VCA, and POS (for I series NVR only).

This might be a clue. I'll need to test IVMS on an I series to be sure. More to come.

I can confirm the same issue on my 7616-K series. I believe this is a limitation of the K series NVRs. The manual mentions the following on page 7:

The capture is supported by I series NVR only.
Multiple recording types: manual, continuous, alarm, motion, motion | alarm, motion & alarm
VCA, and POS (for I series NVR only).

This might be a clue. I'll need to test IVMS on an I series to be sure. More to come.

Thanks for checking. So it looks like yours behaves the same on a K series.

I don't think it is because it's a K series as the search works fine on the k series NVR itself as you would expect. It only behaves like this on the IVMS-4200 software app. But who knows the interface between the app software and the k series NVR my be different for some reason.

Please let me know what you find on the I series.

Also looked in the ivms-4200 manual and could not see any mention of a restriction for the K series NVR.
But why does it work on the NVR but not the ivms-4200? Strange, very strange.

Back