01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Is there a way to hide the "No Link" message shown on unused HikVision NVR channels?

lukechiodo

Hi. I’m new to the world of HikVision PoE cameras and NVR’s. So far, I’ve successfully set up my HikVision DS-7732NI 16-channel NVR unit via a LCD monitor directly connected to NVR, though only with 8 cameras connected at this stage. There‘s only one problem... I opted for 10-second auto-switch one camera view at a time, but every time the 9th, 10th up to 16th channel comes into view, it displays ‘No Link’. Can I somehow set the NVR to only display (scroll) those 8 camera live views which are connected, rather than scroll through 8 live then followed by 8 blank views? Kind regards. Luke in Melbourne AUS.

Hi, didn't actually know how to do this ourselves until we had mess around with one of the NVR's just now! It's definitely a worthwhile thing to know.

You need to do the following:
  1. Navigate to System > Live View > View
  2. Select the full screen/one link option from those listed along the bottom of the display setup preview
  3. Use the right arrow button found at the bottom-right corner of the display preview to flick through each of the channels
  4. Remove any of the empty channels from the display by clicking on the small right cross in the top-left of the display preview preview
  5. Return back to live view and all should be fixed!
delete empty links forum.jpg

Back