01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HTTP 404 error with DS-2DE4220IW-DE

Yorkie

Hello,
I have the above PTZ on my system as camera D10 and for a couple of weeks had it on test indoors where it has been working fine. Yesterday I transferred it to it's proper mounting point on an outbuilding and have connected it up...

When viewing the camera on the NVR on the local monitor and on the NVR web view the feed from the camera shows fine - there is full PTZ movement and audio (Except when trying to open the camera menu, on the local monitor it does nothing and on the NVR web UI I get "invalid operation" on trying to open the camera menu)... **BUT** when I try and navigate to the web page for the camera settings it comes back with a 404 'not found' error along with the text "Can't locate document: /". Note that this is NOT a 'server not found' error (which would suggest an invalid address) but rather that the actual webpage seems to have disappearred. I have tried manually navigating to /doc/page/preview.asp from the IP address as well as /doc/page/login.asp and both come back with the 404 error. The camera shows up in SADP and I can alter parameters such as enabling DHCP so there is clearly a working connection to the camera. It seems rather strange.

Hi @Yorkie

What NVR model do you have?
Is the PTZ plugged directly into the PoE ports on the NVR?
How are you "navigating" to the camera's web page? Are you taking the IP address from the NVR camera menu and putting it in a browser search bar?

@Yorkie try deleting any cookies in the browser cache that relate to that cameras IP address.

David
I've tried it on two different browsers with the same result. I've checked the folder for cookies on Edge browser and there's no cookies relating to this particular IP address - there is for the NVR's address and for one camera, but not for this one.

Hi @Yorkie

What NVR model do you have?
Is the PTZ plugged directly into the PoE ports on the NVR?
How are you "navigating" to the camera's web page? Are you taking the IP address from the NVR camera menu and putting it in a browser search bar?
Hi Dan,
The NVR is a DS-7716NI-E4/16P
The PTZ is plugged in through a LAN switch.
To navigate to the camera's web page I have both manually entered the IP address into the browser, and also gone through to the NVR menu and directly clicked the link provided in the config menu.

When the camera was installed at a test point I had it connected by a pre-crimped patch lead to the LAN switch and it worked fine; then yesterday I used an RJ45 coupler to allow a longer patch lead to connect to that and then to the camera. Today I replaced that with one single 7m long pre-crimped patch lead that goes straight from the camera to the LAN switch - what's odd is that initially that worked and I was able to bring up the web UI for the camera, but now a few hours later and I'm back to it not working again. I know this 7m lead is fine because I used it when setting up the NVR and never had any problems.

Back