01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

How to remote view/interact/support NVR screen

MikeMailBox

Dear All,

Please can I ask, how do you view and interact with an onsite NVR screen?
Put differently, can one shadow the onsite screen for support purposes so I can interact or at least see exactly what is displayed on screen from VGA/HDMI out?

The particular NVR here is a Hikvision DS-7716NI-I4 / 16P.

One can login to the device with http/s.
=> This does not show me what the client actually see on the display connected to the HDMI/ VGA.
iVMS-vxyz allow mobile OSs remote access to view the streams from NVR, this again is not what is needed.

Some references that say the DS-96xx series at least allow you to change the order of connected cameras.
=> This is not what is needed, I need to see what the client see.

I suspect the answer will be "no".
Surely many others have the same issue. Perhaps I should a KVM over IP or similar. Perhaps run the NVR software on a PC so once can see and interact with the screen.

Your advice will be much appreciated.

Best regards,

Interesting question. Two thoughts come to mind. If the client has IVMS-4200 loaded on a PC, which has comprehensive remote configuration options for the NVR, you could use TeamViewer to shadow. A long-shot, and I can't stress this enough, might be a HDMI video encoder with RTMP to Youtube for a live stream of the NVR interface. Something like this:FMUSER H.264 HDMI HD IPTV Video Encoder Lan Interface Support HLS M3U8 ffmpeg VLC, HTTP RTSP RTMP UDP ONVIF for Youtube, Facebook, Wowza Live Streaming-FBE200-H.264-LAN-DTV Front End Equipment-FMUSER FM Transmitter Guangzhou, FM transmitter China Supplier
Would be great to hear other suggestions too. Please keep us posted.

There isn't going to be a straight forward solution I'm afraid, only options along the lines that you've already proposed / discussed.

Back